This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. Clicking any of the links on this website does not increase the cost or affect the price for any item you purchased. Our main purpose is for informational purpose and not for just earning.
Puppies love to chew on almost everything as it matures. And if you don't act on it, your dog would make this habit part of its attitude.
Fortunately, you can help your furry pal put its energy on the best chew toys for small dogs.
These chew toys can entertain small dogs and withstand even the most aggressive bites. So we put each toy to the test, and here are a few of the results that we've gotten. Some of the toughest small dog chew toys are the following.
- Best for Behavior Development: Starmark Bob-a-lot
- Best for Tough Chewers: West Paw Zogoflex Quizl Treat Dispenser
- Best for Hard-Core Chewers: Kong Extreme
- Best Dental Chew Toy: Benebone Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
- Best for Playful Chewers: Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Diamond Plate Ball
Let's see what makes them the best chew toys for small dogs that almost chew on anything.
StarMark Training and Behavior Solutions creates dog products based on the needs of thousands of dogs. This Bob-a-Lot treat dispenser is ideal for amusing all dogs.
You can give Starmark Bob-a-lot to any small dog breed. It is effective in providing your furry pal with a snack as well. This chew toy can have a durable design that can withstand tough chewing and playing. Your dog can develop better mental stimulation, too.
- Provides exercise and mental stimulation while feeding your dog.
- The adjustable openings at the top and bottom can accommodate any dog food.
- You can regulate the amount of food that comes out to adjust the difficulty level.
- An anti-slip base makes the toy wobble, enticing your dog to play.
The Zogoflex Quizl was the Best New Product at the 2017 Global Pet Expo! It is not surprising with the benefits that it offers to our furry companions. West Paw is one of the founders of the Pet Sustainability Coalition. It is an organization committed to making the pet industry better for the earth, humans, and pets. Thus, you can rely on that the West Paw produces eco-friendly dog toys.
This dog toy puzzle has a secret reward that your friendly fido must find during play to keep it occupied and amused. You can choose from various sizes and colors depending on the breed of your small dog. If you have a chewer at home, secure your furniture with the West Paw Zogoflex Quizl chew toy.
The curved form of this dog toy puzzle makes it easy for your playful pup or senior dog to catch and keep in place with his hands. Meanwhile, the side openings entice your puppy or old dog with the scent of dog treats.
- Highly durable dog toys made for aggressive chewers.
- Prolonged play of this toy promotes better mental stimulation for dogs.
- The shape of its body provides a better grasp for your fido's mouth.
- 100% recycled dog toys. Each toy is non-toxic and dishwasher safe.
Besides being famous in the dog chew toy market, Kong Extreme allows you to stuff various dog treats. Treats fall out as the dog chews as a reward. It has the added benefit of making dog treats last for longer than they would otherwise.
Whichever option you choose, the diameter of the base will be about 1 inch. This hole runs the length of the Kong, with a second hole about half an inch above it. When sweeping, the second hole aids airflow and drainage.
- The KONG Extreme satisfies dogs' instinctual needs while also stimulating their minds.
- This treat-dispensing puzzle toy helps with chewing, teething, and fulfill other instinctual needs.
- The KONG Extreme is one of the most durable dog toys available, according to veterinarians and trainers around the world.
- The perfect way to keep active chewers busy!
Chew toys made of nylon come in a variety of sizes, forms, and flavors. They are an ordinary chew toy among dog owners due to their low cost and ability to withstand hard jaws. However, before selecting nylon to chew toys over rubber, we strongly advise you to do your testing. You may consult with your veterinarian if it is the best option for your fido.
Nylon toys, like Benebone wishbone, are not ideal for aggressive chewers. Interestingly, Benebone has a safety warning that warns dog owners about it. This chew toy feels like hard plastic. Still, it provides durability that is suitable for small breeds that are teething.
Your pup will love its taste because this chew toy comes with 100% infused real chicken. The Wishbone has a curved shape that offers a paw-friendly grip. So, your dog can catch it quickly and start chewing.
- Durable and can last for weeks for non-heavy chewers.
- The infused 100% natural chicken adds more flavor, which adds more appeal for dogs.
- Dogs can pick and chew the toy easily because of its curved shape.
Some dogs enjoy chasing after a tennis ball, but the ball is quickly ripped to shreds once they have it. If you have a chewer who also wants a good game of fetch, you'll need a long-lasting dog ball toy. The Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Diamond Plate Dog Ball is our top choice for the best ball toy for heavy chewers.
This chew toy is made of ultra-tough materials and comes in a variety of bright colors.
The toy is non-toxic, BPA-free, and phthalate-free so that you can guarantee safety for your pets. The firm exterior can withstand heavy chewing, while the hollow interior allows bounces and floats.
The toy also has infused mint oil that guarantees fresh breath for your dog. The materials are secure and durable, though some users have expressed concern that the ball is too big for toy breeds.
- Highly durable treat-dispensing chew toy designed for aggressive chewers.
- This toy can bounce high and float, even for hours of a fun game with your furry pal.
- Free from any harmful toxic chemicals that may harm your dog's health.
- You can choose from various sizes and colors, depending on your dog's preference.
Chewing is a natural behavior for dogs. But it can be destructive if you don't correct this behavior. It is where the best chew toys for small dogs can help you. Chewing on it can clean your dog's teeth and gums.
Chewing aids in the smoothing of teeth and the removal of tartar. It encourages the development of antibacterial saliva, which helps to keep your dog's mouth clean. Once your dog reaches its teething stage, be ready with these best chew toys. Even the smallest breed can be destructive because of misbehavior.