This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. Clicking any of the links on this website does not increase the cost or affect the price for any item you purchased. Our main purpose is for informational purpose and not for just earning.
Teaching your pup potty training during its early months is crucial. Otherwise, it would pee and poop on your favorite couch or carpet, giving no signs. So, you'll need these best grass patches for small dogs.
A dog grass pad is practical and will get your fido doing its "business" on the grass. When the time comes that you can't walk your pup outside, dog pads come in handy. Why not use something that provides the service from the comfort of your own home?
We want to make your life a lot easier. So, we have reviewed the five best grass patches for small dogs, and here are our top picks.
- Best for Condo Living: DoggieLawn Real Grass Pad
- Best for Dogs Living in Apartments: Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty with Real Grass
- Best for Outgoing Dog Parents: PetSafe Pet Loo
- Best for Patio and Balcony Use: STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Pad for Dogs
- Best for Active Dogs: LOOBANI Dog Grass Pee Pads
1.DoggieLawn Real Grass Pad
What size DoggieLawn is right for you?
- It offers 24 x 20 inches size of real grass.
- The real grass neutralizes odors from the dog's feces and urine.
- Ideal for paw parents living with dogs in an apartment or condo living.
- Easy and convenient to use.
Give some natural grass feel underneath your dog's paws with the DoggieLawn Real Grass Pad. Puppies won't know the difference between authentic and real grass. But once they got used to doing their "business" on real grass, this real grass pad is ideal.
Natural grass requires no chemicals, and your puppy will naturally choose to do his or her business in natural grass. The DoggieLawn Real Grass Pad comes in two sizes so that any small breed can use it.
Since the DoggieLawn is disposable, there's no need to think about dealing with urine-soaked cups. But it also means that you will have to purchase many of these pads, which might become expensive in the long run.
What size DoggieLawn is right for you?
2.Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty with Real Grass
- It offers 16 x 24 inches size of real grass.
- The 100% real and fresh grass absorbs the odor.
- Convenient to use and perfect for living in small homes.
- The sod pad is dirt-free and fully disposable for stress-free cleaning.
- Easy and convenient to use.
Shop On Amazon Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty.
Here's another indoor dog bathroom that would make your dog comfortable. The Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty offers real greenery that comes with a disposable tray. Pets will love the hydroponically-grown grass, so they will feel right at home "going" in the designated area.
Real grass also acts as a natural attractant and odor neutralizer. So, you can place it on your patio, balcony, or even indoor. If you live in a condo with a small dog like Shih Tzu, Mini Pinscher, or Chihuahua - this grass pad is for you.
But like any other natural grass pad, you need to purchase more grass replacement when it becomes dry or turns brown in the future. Still, it is excellent for old dogs who have a more challenging time going longer periods waiting to go outside.
3.PetSafe Pet Loo
- It has 24" L x 24" W x 5.5" H, making it perfect for working pet parents living in apartments and condominiums.
- The covered waste bin and Wee Sponge powder trap the smell from the wastes of the dog.
- Easy to clean because of the Pee-Pod slides at the base. Meanwhile, the Wee Sponge powder turns urine into a gel for easy disposal.
- The synthetic grass is convenient to clean with water.
If you are looking to end your doggy bathroom woes, the PetSafe Pet Loo can be your lifesaver. It is a grass pad that offers a particular waste solution by collecting all dog wastes in a specialized container—no need to worry about foul odors, even when you have to place the grass pad indoors.
The PetSafe Pet Loo provides solutions for all dog parents who love to go camping, glamping, or live in small apartments. You don't need to get up early in the morning or late in the evening to take your fido out to do its business. Just make sure that your pup has access to its grass pad.
Pet owners who have small dogs or older breeds can buy the PetSafe Pet Loo grass pad. No need to worry about getting your dog outside because of the poor weather. Some dog parents reported grass moving for this pad. But it would be most likely to happen if the pad gets old.
4.STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Pad for Dogs
- The grass pad has a 39.3 x 31.5 inches dimension, which makes it ideal for puppies and small dogs.
- Portable and easy to use in any indoor, balconies, and small apartments.
- The rubber pad keeps it in place, even if the dog makes sudden movements.
- Made from weatherproof and non-toxic materials.
It may be artificial, but the STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Pad would feel like natural grass for your dog. The waterproof design is the most impressive trait of this grass pad. It allows you to use it in various places like balconies, patios, garages, and others.
Since the grass pad is washable, it makes the area odor-free even when you place it indoors. But, of course, clean it with soap and water. The STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Pad for Dogs is an excellent value for money. It's very green, realistic, light, and convenient to use.
Not to mention, your floor and carpet would be free from your dog's wastes. The STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Pad is the best tool for keeping your pet comfortable. You can also use it on a dog who may not go out for a bathroom break outside.
5.LOOBANI Dog Grass Pee Pads
- The artificial green lawn is low in maintenance, and it only takes minutes to clean.
- Perfect for dog owners who are living in condominiums and small apartments.
- The highly draining backing material provides efficient draining capacity.
- It leaves the area odor-free and any mess during potty time.
The LOOBANI Dog Grass Pee Pads have received rave reviews from customers.
This artificial grass pad has good drainage and is odor-neutralizing, thanks to natural agents. You can choose from three different sizes, which would best fit your small fido.
You can place the LOOBANI Dog Grass Pee Pads both indoors and outdoors. So, it makes potty training a little less complicated. You can sit back and relax without having to work on your lawn every week with this artificial green lawn! It's all about productivity and relieving you of your responsibilities.
The LOOBANI Dog Grass patches have a dimension of 18" L x 23" W, which is ideal for 20" L x 25" potty trainer trays. The drainable backing material optimizes draining ability through drainage holes. It is easy to clean, assemble, and it leaves no odor with regular rinsing.
Tips on Starting Potty Training
Consistency, persistence, and positive reinforcement are essential when house-training your puppy. The aim is to develop healthy habits and a caring relationship with your pet. A puppy's house training takes around 4-6 months on average, but it can sometimes take up to a year.
Smaller breeds, for example, have smaller bladders and higher metabolisms, causing more frequent trips outside. Another factor to consider is your puppy's previous living situation. It's possible that you'll need to assist your puppy in breaking bad habits to develop better ones.
Dogs can learn as long as you keep up a management program that involves getting you out at the first sign of needing to go and rewarding them. Here are some suggestions to help you house the train.
- Keep a regular feeding schedule.
- Walk with your pup outside to do its business for 30 minutes or an hour in the morning, after meals, or after a nap. Also, take them out before you leave them alone at night.
- Dogs can smell their scent to prompt them to go to the same spot repeatedly.
- Make sure you keep them outside until you train the dog with proper potty training.
- If your puppy eliminates out, praise them or give them a treat. A leisurely walk around the neighborhood would be a nice reward.
When To Start Potty Training?
House training your puppy should begin between the ages of 12 and 16 weeks, according to experts. It is the stage when canines have enough control over their bladder and bowel movements.
Housetraining may take longer if your puppy is older than 12 weeks when you bring them home. Encouragement and reward are critical in reshaping the dog's actions. And when it's time to potty-train your fido, don't forget to buy the best grass patches for small dogs.